Senior Operations Research Engineer
We are a startup building cutting edge long term and real time planning applications for railways globally. We see it as our mission to save our clients from traditional enterprise software with its long lead times and big bang deployments. As a member of the Biarri Rail team you will be working closely with our clients to produce mission critical software that is easy to use.
Your role will be to design, develop, and apply algorithms, mathematical models, simulation and heuristic models to build planning and scheduling solutions for railways. You will do this by collaboration with our clients and other Biarri Rail team members in an iterative development process to define and develop optimisation software. Through the use of new and existing optimisation techniques you will be developing novel software solutions that make the complex simple.
- Develop optimisation solutions using a variety of mathematical and algorithmic techniques.
- Work in an agile environment iterating on features based on feedback from clients.
- Collaborate with others in the engineering team to drive Biarri Rail’s product and technology.
- Travel to work with clients on site both in Australia and globally.
Skills & Requirements
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related discipline with 2+ years of working experience on deterministic/stochastic optimisation modeling and programming.
- Experience with common Operations Research techniques, such as Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Programming, Constraint Programming, Dynamic Programming and Metaheuristics.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals with working knowledge, such as Object Oriented Programming, Functional Programming, Version Control and Continuous Integration.
- Excellent internal and client facing communication skills.
- Working knowledge of planning and scheduling in railways here in Australia and the USA.
- Building scalable cloud-based solutions in a Linux environment.
- Experienced with system programming languages such as C/C++, Go or Rust.
- Statistical and algorithmic Machine Learning techniques such as Deep Learning